- Household Hazardous Waste Disposal Event – The City of McLendon-Chisholm is sponsoring a limited number of vouchers for resident participation in the City of Rockwall Annual Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Collection Day on Saturday, April 22, 2017. A voucher is required in order to drop HHW at the collection point in Rockwall. The City encourages neighborhoods to coordinate efforts, through their homeowners associations (HOA) wherever possible, in order to minimize the number of vouchers used. Residents that are not part of an HOA may bring HHW to City Hall, 1371 West FM 550 on Saturday, April 22 from 9:00 AM until 12:00 PM. Click for details regarding time, location, items that will and will not be accepted and safety and preparation tips.
- May 6, 2017 Election: Click for Sample Ballot for the May 6, 2017 General Election and Special Election. The current sales tax rate in McLendon-Chisholm is 7.75%. It consists of the State sales tax rate of 6.25% plus the City of McLendon-Chisholm rate of 1.5%. Subsequent to review of the 2016 Citizen Survey results that indicated support for a sales tax rate increase, the City Council voted unanimously to call a Special Election to propose a ½ cent increase that would make the City’s sales tax rate 2.0%. If the proposition is approved, the sales tax rate in McLendon-Chisholm will be 8.25%, the same rate charged by all other cities in Rockwall County.
- Texas Department of Public Transportation (TxDOT) Public Meeting: TxDOT will conduct a Public Meeting regarding improvements to FM 548 from north of US 80 to S Hwy 205 on Tuesday, May 9, 2017 between 6:00 pm and 8:00 pm at North Forney High School, 6170 Falcon Way, Forney, Texas 75126. Click for details.
- Click here to view City Council Agendas. The City Council generally meets on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month at 6:30 PM. There are occasional exceptions to the regular meeting schedule. The next regular City Council meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, April 25, 2017 at 6:30 PM at City Hall, 1371 West FM 550 .
- The Planning and Zoning Commission generally meets on the 1st Thursday of the month at 6:30 PM. There are occasional exceptions to the regular meeting schedule. The next Planning and Zoning Commission meeting is scheduled for 6:30 PM, Thursday, May 4, 2017. Click for links to agendas.
- Published – 2016/2017 Citizen Survey Results – prepared by Council Member Robert Steinhagen
- Click here to view the Annual Budget for the 2016-2017 Fiscal Year that was approved on September 27, 2016.
- Emergency Notifications: Subscribe to nixle to receive alerts from Rockwall County Emergency Management, local police departments & government agencies. Nixle-it and stay connected!
Click here: or Text “RCOEM” to 888777 to subscribe.
REPAREDNESS 2016 – “Don’t Wait. Communicate. Make Your Emergency Plan Today.” Learn more by clicking the links below:
- What You Need to Know About West Nile Virus (click for useful information from the Texas Department of Health and Human Services.).
- City of McLendon-Chisholm Outdoor Burn Guidelines.
- If you are interested in serving on Planning and Zoning Commission or Board of Adjustment, click here for an application.
- Click Here for the City Administrator’s recap of the last City Council Meeting. These are not minutes.
**Agendas and Minutes are posted on the Documents Page**