The City of McLendon-Chisholm is looking for someone that is a hard worker, exciting and fun. Someone wanting to professionally grow and progress. Someone with the desire and ability to learn, grow and develop in various city functions including human resources, risk management, budgeting, and provide public information and analysis.
This position will provide analytical and communications support. Typical duties may include preparing documents for publication and dissemination including newsletters, press releases and social media; may assist in management of various projects; may assist in the budget preparation and analysis; preparing reports; and/or, performing other specialized activities.
Responsible for the planning, drafting, and disseminating of comprehensive public information regarding City initiative, programs, and policies, promoting effective media relations, managing City social media, and marketing campaigns
Duties And Responsibilities:
- The following are a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities.
- Supports City Manager and staff in any and all ongoing projects as needed.
- Promotes innovation, critical thinking, and creativity in developing approaches and solutions to City needs.
- Promotes and encourages collaboration in seeking new ways to share resources, ideas, and best practices in order to optimize service delivery organization wide.
- Assists in such as areas as Human Resources, Risk Management, Communications, Budget, etc.
- Plans and manages Public Information/Communications activities for the City, including community relations, media relations, public relations, and marketing.
- Identifies content requirements and suggests content strategies and deliverables as a part of robust communications plans.
- Serves as the City’s webmaster and manages the contract with the City’s webservice provider. Monitors City website for maintenance, routinely checks web traffic analytics and trains other members of staff on website maintenance as needed.
- Exercises independent judgment within broad policy guidelines; evaluates and analyzes issues and recommends solutions; provides leadership, direction, and guidance in various city departments including information/communication strategies, internal policy development, and priorities.
- Writes, proofreads, edits, and disseminates content to include press releases, newsletters, bulletins, information packages, and public service announcements.
- Knowledge of marketing, graphic design, and presentation development.
- Performs other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of municipal programs, local government relationships, and community relations.
- Knowledge of City policies and procedures and legal obligations/restrictions with respect to the release of data and reports to the public and other agencies.
- Write well. Very important!
- Ability to learn the geography of the city, including road and street names and locations.
- Ability to work under stress and use good judgement in emergency situations.
- Ability to tactfully respond to requests and inquiries from the general public
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, projects, deadlines, and demands.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, media representative, and co-workers.
- Skill in composing news releases and feature articles; developing brochures, pamphlets, advertisements, and marketing material.
- Skill in website design, maintenance, and industry best practices.
- Skill in digital design and editing using programs such as Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, or similar programs.
- Skill in use of photography equipment including editing photos for optimal use in all platforms.
- Skill in operating video and audio equipment and in formatting and uploading video content for publication.
- Skill in preparing presentations for a variety of audiences.
- Skill in operating standard office equipment including a computer and associated software including but not limited to Microsoft Office.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Marketing, Public Relations, Political Science, or a related field. Master’s degree is preferred.
- One to three years of related experience in City Government is preferred. Internships may count toward experience.
- Possession of a valid Texas driver’s license
- A combination of education, training and experience providing the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered.
Starting Salary – $60,000 per annum.
Resume applications must be submitted to:
1371 FM 550