Order of County Judge David Sweet
In order to protect the health and welfare of Rockwall County, effective Tuesday, March 24, 2020, beginning at 11:59 p.m. and remaining in effect until Wednesday, April 15, 2020, at 11 59 p.m., all individuals living within Rockwall County are ordered to remain at their place of residence and maintain the following orders.
The Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) presents a unique and challenging health risk because there is no known vaccine and is easily transmitted through person-to-person contact. Because it is a newly identified and highly contagious disease, the implementation of this order allows us to work together to slow the spread to allow for the introduction of wide-scale testing, increased capacity in our medical system to treat those stricken and develop therapeutic drugs. The steps undertaken are also necessary to protect the ability of public and private health providers to handle the projected influx of new patients and safeguard public health and safety.
Persons may only leave their residences for essential activities including:
• To provide or perform essential governmental functions;
• To operate essential businesses;
• To perform tasks essential to their or household members’ health and safety;
• To obtain necessary services or supplies for themselves and household members;
• To care for a family member or pet in another household;
• To obtain supplies to work from home.
Individuals who are in outdoor spaces must maintain social distancing of at least six feet from each other.
Individuals are prohibited to attend public or private gatherings of 10 or more people.
Restaurants may only provide take out, delivery, or drive-through services.
Religious and worship services may only be provided by video, audio, and teleconference.
All elective medical, surgical, and dental procedures are prohibited.
Nursing homes, retirement, and long-term care facilities are instructed to prohibit non-essential visitors from accessing their facilities unless to provide critical assistance or for end-of-life visitation.
All businesses operating within Rockwall County are required to cease all activities at facilities located within the County, with exception of:
• essential healthcare operations;
• essential government functions;
• essential critical infrastructure;
• essential retail, production and manufacturing facilities;
• economically disadvantaged population necessities providers;
• essential services necessary to maintain operations of residences or other businesses;
• supplies for essential businesses, critical infrastructure, and government functions;
• news media;
• childcare services providing services to the children of parents/guardians working in essential services.
• Any manufacturer who retools so that a substantial part of their business is for the purpose of manufacturing and producing ventilators, personal protection equipment and other related supplies may apply for an “essential business” exemption under this Order.
• Businesses consisting exclusively of employees or contractors may continue operations only if they maintain social distancing and at least a six-foot separation between individuals.
All members of the household are ordered to isolate at home if any member of a household tests positive for corona virus.
The County will continue to monitor the impacts of this order and will update it as new information becomes available that ensure success in suppressing the spread of COVID-19.
For the full order with expanded details visit: