Hourly: $18.00 – $25.92
Part Time: 20- 22 hours per week
Benefits: Limited and Pro-Rated
Opening Date: October 1, 2023
Closing Date: When filled (first review date October 16, 2023)
Under the direct supervision of the City Administrator and the Senior Administrative Assistant provides a variety of functions including general front desk functions; general building permit issuance, receive and answer general city-wide questions.
- Respond to the public, developers, etc. on planning functions and activities.
- Responds to questions, phone calls and general city resident activity.
- Assist the other city employees in the administration of the overall city activities.
- Receive applications for Planning Commission action.
- Establish databases to aid in the coordination , collection, and analysis of date-related to Federal, State, County and City projects.
- Assists the City Secretary in filing, recordkeeping and activities as needed.
- Work closely with City Planner I,II to learn specific city issues, plans and nuances.
- Become understanding of the City’s Comprehensive Plan
- Assist City Secretary in filling in on City Council or Planning and Zoning Commission minute taking.
- Perform other related functions as assigned or apparent.
- Bachelor’s degree in any related field (preferred)
- One year of relevant experience with a demonstrated ability in most aspects of municipal activities.
- Ability to communicate clearly and articulately, both in writing and orally.
- Excited to be a member of TEAM MC!
The City of McLendon-Chisholm is committed to complying fully with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). The job involves desk work which may be interrupted with phone and counter calls. May involve attendance at meetings in City Hall or off-site and before or after normal working hours.
Position requires a resume and cover letter (letter of interest) for consideration of application, forwarded to email@example.com.