Salary: $28.85 /hourly – $60,000 /year
Opening Date: October 1, 2022
Closing Date: When filled (first review date October 15, 2022)
Under the direct supervision of the City Administrator, the Planner I/II performs independent work with minimal supervision. This position will assist the contract planner in the administration and enforcement functions associated with land use and zoning regulations. Duties include responding to public inquiries and land use complaints, reviewing plans to determine conformance with City ordinances and urban design guidelines, conducting research and preparing detailed staff reports, presenting information orally and conducting site inspections. Daily work is based on organizational values.
- Respond to public, developers, etc. on all planning functions and activities
- Assist the Planner in the administration of the Site Plan Review process.
- Receive applications for Planning Commission action.
- Establish databases to aid in the coordination , collection and analysis of dated related to Federal, State, County and City zoning and planning ordinances and codes.
- Conduct research and prepare detailed staff reports for Planning Commission.
- Attend all Planning Commission and Board of Adjustment meetings
- Assists in the preparation of ordinances and resolutions
- Assist in the preparation of amendments to ordinances, subdivision regulations and to the City land use plan.
- Review plans to determine compliance with City ordinances, landscape ordinances and urban design guidelines
- Conduct technical research and demographic studies and prepares statistical reports and analysis.
- Coordinates with municipalities, adjacent county governments and other jurisdictions
- Coordinate and facilitate development review and pre-submittal meetings with other city departments
- Work closely with City Planner to learn specific city issues, plans and nuances.
- Become completely understanding of the City’s Comprehensive Plan
- Conduct site inspections to ensure compliance with approved plans and permits.
- Assist in preparation and administration of state and federal grants
- Perform other related functions as assigned or apparent
- Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, urban studies, public administration, geography or related field
- One year of relevant experience with a demonstrated ability in most aspects of planning
- Ability to communicate clearly and articulately, both in writing and orally, including the ability to make public presentations
- Excited to be a planner!
- Master’s degree in urban planning, urban studies, public administration, geography or related field
- Demonstrated success in a local government planning department
The city of McLendon-Chisholm is committed to complying fully with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Job involves desk work which may be interrupted with phone and counter calls. Involve attendance at meetings in City Hall or off-site and before or after normal working hours. Frequent site visits to building sites, vacant properties can involve rugged and dirty conditions.
Position requires a resume and cover letter (letter of interest) for consideration of application.
Resume applications must be submitted to:
1371 FM 550